Monday, December 18, 2023

Dec 16

It’s interesting how a single piece of jewelry can alter the chemistry between two people. 

It’s just a ring

But is it? A wedding ring symbolizes commitment and it’s worn on the left hand because the vein in that finger leads or comes directly from the heart. To me… it’s symbolic of jays commitment to me. Just like the cross I actually picked and purchased for him is a symbol of not only my acceptance of his beliefs (which are vastly different than mine) but that I honor his beliefs and in addition to this is an outward symbol to anyone of my love and devotion to not only him but to us. I’ve never purchase jewelry for anyone like this before but I couldn’t not buy it either. As much as I like the newer cross he purchased I wanted something closer to a style I personally prefer. 

Okay so back to his ring. It’s in a single word stunning. It’s not over the top and it’s simple yet complicated. He got my princess cut and the side baguettes and three round diamonds on each side is perfect. Past present future. Giving me that ring really did change my brain chemistry. It tied me to him in a way I didn’t think possible. I’m already completely and absolutely in love with him, my love reaching depths I never imagined possible but now… I have a physical presentation of his devotion and love for me. I can look down at any moment and remember him asking me to be his wife. Remembering the look of sincerity and happiness he had presenting me this ring he designed. It was that look of happiness… knowing how important that ring was and how much he wanted me to love the ring as much as I love him that changed my entire trajectory and that all my thoughts now are of us. Not of me. But of us. 

He keeps asking if anything changed with the ring and the truth is everything changed. He’s always had my heart my body and my soul but now my brain has shifted about 90 degrees and it’s not me against the world it’s us against the world. 

Don’t get it wrong though. Yes I have the heart beat pendent plus the two bracelets. All of which I love but I’ve never received a ring that I didn’t pick personally and never one with as much time and effort as Jay put into this one. So for those reasons this one resonates differently than any other piece I’ve ever been given. 

He and I of course are going to continue arguing over the wedding and the plans. We are both so different in some ways when it comes to what we see for this wedding. And yes I’m letting him win a few of these as much as he’s letting me win a few of mine as well. Compromise. We’re definitely getting better at it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment